Initial reports by Iranian news agencies brought fears that a US fighter jet had been forced to land after flying into Iran’s airspace. Originally reports flooded out of Iran stating that the aircraft was US Military in nature with military personnel on board. These reports were eventually found to be inaccurate by other sources inside the country, who finally claimed the aircrafts nationality was in actually Hungarian.
Reports said five people were interrogated, but allowed to leave the next day after it became clear that their flight into Iranian airspace was purely accidental.
The Hungarian aircraft crew claimed that it accidently strayed off course in route to Afghanistan.
Officials from the Pentagon denied that any of its aircraft were missing and later reports revealed that the plane was a Falcon passenger jet, commonly used to transport corporation excecutives and very similar to a lear jet.
The plane is said to have entered Iranian airspace from Turkey despite repeated warnings by the Islamic Republic Air Force.
Reports also claim the jet was flying low in an attempt to slip under Iranian radar before being made to touch down which also drew attention from the Iranians.
- Experts: New Iranian Stealth Jet “Pathetic Hoax”
- Iran Unveils its own Fighter Jet, the Qaher-313 (‘Conqueror’)
- Saudi’s Will Shoot Israeli’s En-route to Iran
- Iran Braggs Over Retrieved Data from U.S. Spy Drone
- Falcon HTV-2 to be Re-Tested
- Iran Brags Further Over Dozens of Past Drone Incursions Highlighting it’s Military Prowess
- Iran Fighter Confronts Another U.S. Drone over Arabian Gulf