Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), speaking at the Values Voter Summit last week in Washington, D.C., said that President Barack Obama needs to cancel his upcoming interview with David Letterman and instead meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
“And President Obama needs to get his priorities straight. What he needs to do is cancel his planned interview with David Letterman, cancel his meeting with Beyonce, cancel his meeting with Jay Z, and instead agree to meet with the Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu, because you see, America and Israel have a commonality of interests,” Bachmann said.
Obama announced last week that he will appear on the “Late Show with David Letterman” when he travels to New York City this week. The news came the same day that he informed Netanyahu that he couldn’t meet with him during a U.N. conference at the end of September, citing a scheduling conflict.
Rapper Jay-Z and his wife, singer Beyonce, are holding a fundraiser for the president on Tuesday in New York City. The couple performed at a tribute concert for Obama the night before his inauguration.
The Values Voter Summit was sponsored by the conservative pro-family group, the Family Research Council.
- Israel Delivers Ultimatum to Barack Obama over Iran
- Israeli’s Back out of Promise to not Attack
- Iranian Attack Plan Presented to Israel
- Obama Advised to Threaten Israel
- Army Cancels Nugent Concert After Obama Remarks
- Israel Becomes More Anxious, Coming Discussion Over Iranian Military Strike
- Buddy-Buddy: U.S. and Israel in Lockstep Against Iran